1/2 Photos of Greek Chicken Casserole
1 hr 28 mins
As we head towards the last weeks of the Zaar World Tour, I've been looking for Greek dishes that I plan to make in the near future. Lots of garlic and other good spices, this looks like a certain winner to me. As a one dish meal, it works well as a midweek meal and be suitable for reheating leftovers. If you omit the feta, this dish is suitable for the WW Core Program or you can easily count the points.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions (about 1 large)
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 -2 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups red potatoes, unpeeled cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 2 pounds)
- 2 1/2 cups green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped olives
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained (try and use a low sodium variety as the olives add quite a bit of sodium)
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
- 3Add the onion, and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the thyme, pepper, and garlic and sauté 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high. Add potatoes and sauté an additional 8 minutes or until potato begins to brown. Stir in green beans, water, olive, and tomatoes.
- 4Remove vegetable mixture from heat. Nestle chicken thighs into potato mixture. Top with feta cheese.
- 5Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (745 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.1
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 114.5 mg
- Sodium 642.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 35.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat feta cheese