Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is simply delicious- from my friend Cathy's archives... tastes like it was made in a restaurant, for sure!
- 2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 cups chopped deli rotisserie-cooked chicken or 3 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 350.
- Spray 2-quart glass baking dish with cooking spray (you can easily make two smaller portions and freeze one).
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in flour; cook and stir 30 seconds.
- Slowly stir in broth; heat to boiling. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese.
- Gently stir in cooked pasta, chicken, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, olives and parsley.
- Spoon into baking dish. Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until hot.
- Garnish with additional fresh parsley if desired.
This dish was amazing, restaurant quality for sure!!! I will be making this often. I cut down the butter to 1TB.
This is so good...I cheated even more and used chopped canned chicken breast. I did try and make it a little healthier by using whole wheat penne pasta. I do have to confess, I was going to post this exact same recipe because it is in the current edition of "Taste of Home" but you obviously beat me to it -by almost a year and a half LOL!!! Next time I will add a teaspoon of oregano for even more authentic Greek flavor! This is a tasty and quick mid-week alternative to dining out in a Greek restaurant!