Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I have been making a lot of greek food lately, and was looking for a hot sandwich filling I could use. I found this on another site, and it looks very tasty. I haven't tried it yet, but putting it on zaar for safe-keeping.
- Place chicken in greased crock pot.
- Top the chicken with onions, lemon pepper and oregano.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- 10 minutes before serving, remove the chicken and shred it with two forks.
- It should just fall apart.
- Put the shredded meat back into the pot.
- Stir in the yogurt.
- To make the sandwich, split open your pita bread and spoon the chicken inside.
- This would be wonderful with some sliced tomatoes and cucumbers and some hummus on the side.
Yum yum! Simple and delicious. I served this with a variety of veggies, wrapped in giant pitas and lots of Greek Garlic Sauce (199091) and it made for a great dinner! Thanks!
This is a great way to cook the chicken, but you will h ave to add some type of sauce to the pitas for tastiness. I did enjoy how easy it was to put together. :)
I also prepared this without adding the yogurt. I used Huskergirl's tzatziki recipe - http://www.recipezaar.com/Tsatsiki-Gyro-Sauce-307493 - (5stars)and served on pitas with tomato and red onion. Even though I added extra greek seasoning and and sprinkled the chicken with garlic salt it was a little bland. I probably won't make it again.