1/2 Photos of Greek Chicken Rice
2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 20 mins
This is a traditional recipe for chicken from alpine central Greece. Its a usual Sunday dish in those places! It can be made with all shorts of chicken (deboned, fillets...) or turkey!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put enough water in a pot and boil the chicken pieces with the onions unchopped. Boil until chicken is tender. Take off the chicken and the onions and reserve the broth for later use in the recipe.
- 2Place in a casserole dish the onions cut them in large pieces. Then add feta crumbs,the parsley and the rice. Mix well.
- 3Put on top the chicken and 1.5 cup of chicken broth. Add the butter.
- 4Bake for 45 minutes at 200°C - (350F).
- 5Mix the eggs with the remaining chicken broth and add them to the casserole.
- 6Bake for 30 minutes more at the same temperature.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Chicken Rice
Serving Size: 1 (471 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 728.1
- Calories from Fat 431
- Total Fat 47.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 292.3 mg
- Sodium 1434.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 47.8 g