Vino Girl's Note:
From the Centennial Bar & Grille in Mequon, WI (and my mother-in-law).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white sambuca liqueur
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed peppercorn
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 3 cups washed and chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 8 -10 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese (to garnish)
- 1In 4-quart saucepan, saute onion, carrots, bell pepper and garlic in oil over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
- 2Add Sambuca and lemon juice and saute 5 minutes.
- 3Add broth, chicken, peppercorns, white pepper, hot pepper sauce, celery salt and spinach. Simmer 20 minutes.
- 4Add cooked rice.
- 5Before serving, sprinkle each serving with about 1 tablespoon cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Chicken Soup With Feta Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.2
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 38.8 mg
- Sodium 971.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 18.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: