Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Centennial Bar & Grille in Mequon, WI (and my mother-in-law).
Make and share this Greek Chicken Soup With Feta Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white sambuca liqueur
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed peppercorn
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 3 cups washed and chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 8 -10 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese (to garnish)
- In 4-quart saucepan, saute onion, carrots, bell pepper and garlic in oil over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
- Add Sambuca and lemon juice and saute 5 minutes.
- Add broth, chicken, peppercorns, white pepper, hot pepper sauce, celery salt and spinach. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Add cooked rice.
- Before serving, sprinkle each serving with about 1 tablespoon cheese.