Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the American Heart Association's "Meals in Minutes" cookbook. Very filling, yummy, and low-cal to boot. One of my favorites.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, all visible fat removed (about 1 pound)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked Bulgar wheat
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Heat a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Remove from heat, spray with vegetable spray, then return to heat and cook chicken for 3 minutes on each side.
- Add broth, water, oregano, lemon zest, lemon juice and pepper to the skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Remove chicken from the pan.
- Stir the remaining ingredients into the skillet and place chicken on top. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until bulgur is tender and broth is absorbed.