1 hr 15 mins
Another recipe I made when I was learning to cook and trying to impress the boyfriend who is now my DH! I really like this dish a lot, and add lots more lemon, pepper, garlic, and oregano, but that's my taste! I've also added parboiled, quartered potatoes at the start, and really like the artichoke hearts and potatoes together. Adapted from Betty Croker's New International Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2-3 lbs chicken, cut into pieces or 2 1/2-3 lbs your favorite mix of bone-in skin-on chicken pieces
- 1/2 cup fruity olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 cup lemon juice (I love it really lemony, but you may prefer less lemon to start...can always add more!)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon pepper (I use fresh ground black)
- 1 -4 clove chopped garlic, to taste (I use way more)
- 1 can artichoke heart, quartered (NOT marinated)
- lemon slice
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- 2Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry.
- 3Put chicken in 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- 4Whisk together remaining ingredients (except artichoke hearts and lemon slices) and pour evenly over chicken.
- 5Cook uncovered, spooning juices over chicken occasionally, for about 30 minutes.
- 6Turn chicken over and cook for 10 minutes more.
- 7Remove the pan from the oven, scatter artichoke heart among the chicken, and spoon cooking juices over them.
- 8Continue to cook for about 20 minutes more, basting once or twice more, until chicken is done (juices run clear when the thickest part of the largest piece is pierced).
- 9Remove pan from oven, garnish with lemon slices and a final quick grind of pepper, if you like, let rest about 5 minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Chicken with Artichoke Hearts
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 855.0
- Calories from Fat 627
- Total Fat 69.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 212.6 mg
- Sodium 780.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 52.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: