Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Not only quick and delicious but low cal too!! from Cooking Light. Serve with Curried Couscous (Curried Couscous), and a light green salad.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 slices lemons, thin slices (optional)
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4 inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine the flour and oregano in a shallow dish, dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick fry pan over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from pan, keep warm.
- Add onions to pan, sauté 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth, raisins, and juice, cook 3 minutes, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 8 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Place chicken on individual plates and keep warm.
- Stir capers into sauce, and top each chicken breast with 1/3 cup sauce and 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Garnish with lemon slices if desired.