1/1 Photo of Greek Chicken With Potatoes and Mushrooms
1 hr 10 mins
A huge favorite at my house! You can use more oregano if desired. I add in a tablespoons of fresh garlic on top of the onions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 -10 chicken pieces
- 5 -7 large potatoes, peeled, then cut into four pieces lenghwise (I like to use Yukon gold or russets)
- 3 -5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup broth
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice (you can use a little less lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (rubbed between your fingers to release the flavors)
- 1 lb button mushroom (or to taste, make certain that the mushrooms are small)
- 1Set oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Sprinkle the onion slices in the bottom of a large roasting pan.
- 3Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper, then brown the chicken in a large skillet on both sides for about 6 minutes on each side; place on top of the onion slices along with potatoes in the roasting pan.
- 4Pour the chicken stock or broth around the browned chicken pieces.
- 5Then sprinkle oregano all over in the roasting pan.
- 6In a bowl mix together olive oil, garlic lemon juice and thyme.
- 7Pour over and around the chicken, mixing together slightly with a wooden spoon to combine with the broth.
- 8Add in the small button mushrooms around the chicken.
- 9Cover and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes.
- 10Uncover, mix juices slighty and baste the chicken with a wooden spoon, then return to oven (uncovered) and bake for about 20 minutes more or until the chicken is cooked through.
- 11*NOTE* if you find that the potatoes are done before the chicken, just remove to a bowl.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Chicken With Potatoes and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.3
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 82.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: