You have to be a lover of feta cheese for this dish, this is a really easy chicken dish with lots of flavor. Leave the skin on the chicken for extra flavor on for this, and serve this over cooked noodles. This recipe can be doubled if desired. Serve this with my Greek salad #66596.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -4 tablespoons oil (more if needed)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (or use 3 shallots, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 2 -4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 4 chicken thighs (with leg attached, or use chicken breasts with skin on)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes (can use a bit more than 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (if using chicken broth use 1 cup) or 1/2 cup chicken broth (if using chicken broth use 1 cup)
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive (or to taste)
- 1Heat oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat (I use my electric skillet for this).
- 2Add in onions or shallots, garlic (if using) red pepper flakes (if using) oregano and basil; saute for about 5 minutes.
- 3Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then add in the chicken, skin side down to the skillet; brown to 5 minutes.
- 4Turn the chicken over with tongs and add in the crushed tomatoes and wine (or broth if using) bring to a simmer; cover the skillet.
- 5Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the chicken is cooked through (about 25 minutes).
- 6Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- 7Boil the sauce over high heat for about 5 minutes to thicken.
- 8Mix in cheese and olives and simmer until heated through (about 5-6 minutes).
- 9Serve with hot cooked noodles.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Chicken With Tomato-Feta Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.5
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 112.3 mg
- Sodium 921.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 23.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: