1/1 Photo of Greek Chicken With Warm Tomato-Corn Salad
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Delightful good! Has long list of ingredients; however, goes together fast. Can use with rib-eye steaks as well. Adapted from Epicurious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 chicken breast halves
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green peppers or 1 red pepper, seeded & chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups corn (from 4 large ears)
- 1/2 lb cherry tomatoes or 1/2 lb grape tomatoes, halved
- roma tomato, quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- feta cheese, crumbled
- 1Mix oregano, thyme, salt ad pepper together.
- 2Sprinkle over chicken and pound between heavy-duty plastic wrap to ½” even thickness.
- 3Heat oil in skillet over MED-HI; sauté chicken to brown.
- 4Pour off any drippings from skillet, keeping any brown bits in skillet, and return to moderately high heat. Push chicken to one side.
- 5Add butter, onion, and pepper and sauté, stirring occasionally and scraping up brown bits, until onion is golden, about 4 minutes.
- 6Add garlic and sauté, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in corn and wine; distribute chicken breasts in pan, evenly, and cover skillet. Cook until corn is just tender-crisp and chicken juices run clear, about 15-20 minutes.
- 7Remove lid, then add tomatoes and sauté, until tomatoes JUST begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in any meat juices on plate and lime juice. Serve with warm tomato-corn salad and sprinkle with feta cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Chicken With Warm Tomato-Corn Salad
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.4
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 84.8 mg
- Sodium 89.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 26.6 g