Posted for ZWT6
Make and share this Greek Chickpea & Tuna Pitas recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon celery, diced
- 3 -4 large scallions, diced
- 4 pita bread
- Mix the ingredients together for the dressing, set aside.
- Stir the chickpeas, tuna, parsley, celery, & scallions together in a bowl. Pour over the dressing, mix well.
- Stuff each pita with equal amounts of the tuna mixture.
This was so easy and tasty! There were a couple changes I made, due to not having certain ingredients on hand: basil instead of marojam and omitted the celery. I used roma tomatoes and threw some feta cheese into the mix. I ate this with homemade pita pockets. It was so delicious! Thank you so much!
It's too hot to cook here, so I was looking for other options and glad I stumbled on this great recipe. Couldn't have been easier to make and the flavours were great. Best of all, lunch was on the table in 10 minutes! Thanks!
Made this using leftover Moroccan Tuna Steaks, which was full of spices. Giving this dish a nice kick. Made for 2 and had enough to pack the pitas. Thanks. Made for Whine and Cheese ZWT6