I'm really not sure where I got this recipe--from some "bean" website, I think. It's really very tasty. I don't use the olives, but the feta cheese is a must.
- 12 ounces extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 6 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced Greek olive (optional)
- Saute ground beef, onion and garlic in a large saucepan until beef is browned (about 5 minutes). Add the spices, herbs and cocoa and cook about 1-2 more minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans and honey. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat and simmer, covered for about 15 minutes. Uncover and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Spoon chili over pasta. Garnish with feta cheese and olives.