Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These cookies were served at every church function and holiday meal as I was growing up. They are really lovely with a nice cup of tea. This is taken from one of my mother's favorite Greek cookbooks, "The Complete Book of Greek Cooking, The Recipe Club of St. Pauls Greek Cathedral".
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whip butter until white.
- Slowly add sugar, vanilla, and brandy.
- Gradually add flour, 1 cup at a time.
- Shape cookies by rolling into balls (about the size of a meatball), then gently press your thumb into the top of the cookie and twist slightly.
- This will help flatten the cookie just a bit.
- Place cookies on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until the cookies are sand colored.
- Sift confectioner's sugar onto a large sheet of wax paper.
- Upon removing cookies from oven, carefully place on sugar and sift additional sugar to cover the tops and sides of cookies.