These cookies were served at every church function and holiday meal as I was growing up. They are really lovely with a nice cup of tea. This is taken from one of my mother's favorite Greek cookbooks, "The Complete Book of Greek Cooking, The Recipe Club of St. Pauls Greek Cathedral".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Whip butter until white.
- 3Slowly add sugar, vanilla, and brandy.
- 4Gradually add flour, 1 cup at a time.
- 5Shape cookies by rolling into balls (about the size of a meatball), then gently press your thumb into the top of the cookie and twist slightly.
- 6This will help flatten the cookie just a bit.
- 7Place cookies on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until the cookies are sand colored.
- 8Sift confectioner's sugar onto a large sheet of wax paper.
- 9Upon removing cookies from oven, carefully place on sugar and sift additional sugar to cover the tops and sides of cookies.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Cookies With Confectioners' Sugar (Kourabiedes)
Serving Size: 1 (1280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.7
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 50.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 0.8 g