Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This bread is flavored with feta cheese, and the grated squash helps keep it moister than the classic Southern version.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x13x2-inch pan.
- Mix cornmeal, baking powder and sugar.
- In another bowl, combine squash, eggs, cottage cheese, feta cheese and milk.
- Add cornmeal mixture to wet ingredients and blend well.
- Pour into pan, Dot the top with butter.
- Bake until browned on top, about 1 hour.
Miss Annie, you've done it again! I gave this a try because it sounded so unusual for a corn bread. It's delightful and really special! I made it completely gluten-free by using corn flour to prep the pan. It took me longer than 10 minutes to prep this, but it wouldn't have taken that long if I had pulled out my food processor.
Very unusual and delicious cake-like cornbread. I used the food processor to "grate" the peeled zucchini but it still took me longer than ten minutes to put this together, more like 20. The baking time was right on though. I used lowfat and fat free products whenever possible and it was still rich and wonderful. I think next time I would add some chopped Kalamata olives to the batter. This one is definitely worth a try.