1/1 Photo of Greek Cornbread With Cheese - Bobota Me Tyri
A rustic country cornbread. This is a savory version. Sweet versions have a syrup poured over them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 cup grated kasseri cheese or 1 cup substitute gruyere cheese
- 1 cup grated kefalotyri or 1 cup substitute parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal (fine)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter, cut in 1/4 inch pieces
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F
- 2Traditionally, this is baked in a 12" round pan. You may use a 9"x13" pan.
- 3Grease the sides and bottom of the pan and set aside.
- 4Combine the wet ingredients (yogurt, Kasseri cheese, Kefalotyri cheese, oil, eggs, and lemon juice).
- 5In another bowl, sift together the cornmeal with the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- 6Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until it is a soft, batter-like dough.
- 7Spread the batter in the pan and smooth with the spatula.
- 8Sprinkle with the Feta cheese and scatter the pieces of butter evenly over the top of the batter.
- 9Bake for 40 minutes, or until it is a deep golden brown. If it gets too brown before the 40 minutes are up, cover with aluminum foil and continue baking.
- 10Allow to cool 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Cornbread With Cheese - Bobota Me Tyri
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.1
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 89.1 mg
- Sodium 839.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: