Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is so easy and I usually always have these ingredients on hand for a quick supper. Delicious hot or cold! You better like garlic if you try this one because it is very garlicky! :)
- 4 chicken breasts (bone in)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 large lemons, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 -4 crushed fresh garlic cloves, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano or 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Brown chicken breasts in hot oil. Take pan off stove and let cool a bit. Remove chicken from pan. Add lemons, garlic and 1/4 cup water to pan. Sprinkle chicken with oregano, salt and pepper and place back in pan with meaty part of breasts face down.
- Cover with lid and steam for 30 minutes. Check to make sure liquid isn't gone. Remove lid for last 10 minutes of cooking.
Enjoyed the simplicity and lemon/garlic flavors. Halved ingredients for 2 of us -- should have done more for leftovers, but re-heated chicken is often tough. Worked well for Monday night dinner. Thanks, Little Bee ! Janey
Terrible terrible terrible. We had to throw it out because it tasted so bad.
It was very good and easy. And just like you said I had all the ingredients on hand! Thanks.