2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
From the June 20, 2008 Athens' Plus Magazine. I LOVE LAMB!!! MMMMM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2-2 kg boneless leg of lamb, cut into small portions
- 3 medium dried onion, peeled and halved
- 3 shallots, peeled and cut in half
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into medium pieces
- 350 g kefalograviera cheese, cubed (optional)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 236.59 ml mavrodaphne wine
- 14.79 ml dried rosemary
- 236.59 ml olive oil
- 7.39 ml cumin powder
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1(You will need 12 sheets of greaseproof paper (cut in squares)).
- 2Place all the ingredients in a deep dish and refrigerate, covered, for about half an hour.
- 3Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- 4Separate the greaseproof paper into pairs and place the ingredients on six double sheets, making sure a little of each ingredient is included each time. Wrap the paper into packages and tie firmly with kitchen twine.
- 5Place in a baking tray and roast for 1.5 hours.
- 6When done, open the packages and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Country-Style Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1029.4
- Calories from Fat 711
- Total Fat 79.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.6 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 165.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 47.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: