Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From the June 20, 2008 Athens' Plus Magazine. I LOVE LAMB!!! MMMMM!
Make and share this Greek Country-Style Lamb recipe from Food.com.
- 2-2 kg boneless leg of lamb, cut into small portions
- 3 medium dried onion, peeled and halved
- 3 shallots, peeled and cut in half
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into medium pieces
- 350 g kefalograviera cheese, cubed (optional)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 236.59 ml mavrodaphne wine
- 14.79 ml dried rosemary
- 236.59 ml olive oil
- 7.39 ml cumin powder
- black pepper, freshly ground
- (You will need 12 sheets of greaseproof paper (cut in squares)).
- Place all the ingredients in a deep dish and refrigerate, covered, for about half an hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Separate the greaseproof paper into pairs and place the ingredients on six double sheets, making sure a little of each ingredient is included each time. Wrap the paper into packages and tie firmly with kitchen twine.
- Place in a baking tray and roast for 1.5 hours.
- When done, open the packages and serve at once.