Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fantastic and filling salad. Wonderful served with grilled meats for a tasty summer meal.
Make and share this Greek Couscous Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil (I use Olive)
- 2 tablespoons all purpose Greek seasoning (I use Cavendars)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 large red pepper
- 2 cups couscous
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
- 1⁄2 kalamata olive, pitted & cut in half
- Mix the first 3 ingredients together in a large bowl, Place to the side.
- Slice zucchini into strips lengthwise and red onion into large rings (both about a centimeter thick).
- Heat a grill pan to very hot and grill the red pepper (whole), onion rings and zucchini strips. Remove the onion and zucchini when they begin to blacken slightly on the outsides - do no over cook! Continue charring the red pepper until the outside skin is completely black. (This can also be done outside on your BBQ).
- While still slightly hot, chop the zucchini and the onion into 1/2 inch pieces and add to the vinegar.
- Place the red pepper in a paper bag and allow the steam loosen the skin. After a couple of minutes, remove the peel and the seeds. Chop the pepper into 1/2 inch pieces and add to the vinegar.
- Toss the grilled veggies in the vinegar dressing and cover the bowl with plastic plastic wrap (to trap the remaining steam inside).
- Cook the couscous according to the manufacturer using the chicken stock. I have provided the measurements for a "quick cooking" couscous, you may need to add more/less liquid according to the brand you use.
- After cooking, fluff the couscous with a fork and add to the bowl with the grilled veggies and vinegar dressing.
- Add the cheese, tomatoes and olives. Toss to incorporate all ingredients well.
- Chill. This recipe can be made a day in advance. Lightly toss the salad before serving to give it a light texture.