These have always been one of my favorites, we only make them at the holidays so they are special. The recipe came from my paternal grandma, who is half Greek.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour once, add salt and sift again.
- 2Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add 6 tablespoons powdered sugar and vanilla; mix well. Add flour gradually, stirring until blended. Add nuts; mix well.
- 3Shape dough into rolls about 2 1/2 inches long and form into a crescent. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 4Bake at 350° 10-15 minutes until delicately browned.
- 5Remove from baking sheet onto rack and dust at once with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Crescent Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (649 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 875.4
- Calories from Fat 591
- Total Fat 65.7 g
- Saturated Fat 31.0 g
- Cholesterol 122.0 mg
- Sodium 619.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 11.3 g