Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the perfect blend of fresh summer vegetables, with yummy feta cheese, and a great and simple dressing. Adapted from BH&G magazine. Submitted by CKeeter.
- Chop the cucumbers into 1 inch cubes. Place in a medium size bowl and sprinkle with salt. Let sit 15 minutes to release water.
- Drain excess water and stir in cherry tomatoes, onions and cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil and lemon juice. Pour over cucumber mixture.
- Add black pepper and stir gently. Chill until serving.
- This light salad tastes especially delicious when prepared with fresh summer cucumbers and tomatoes from the garden!
Sharon, this is a very good plain greek salad! It is refreshing and very tasty! The cucumber, tomatoes and feta go great together and the pepper and oil are the perfect light dressing for them!
I made quite a large quantity of this so that I could try using part of it in a pasta salad with additional herbs and some sun-dried tomatoes and pesto sauce. Great!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this recipe with us!
Made and reviewed for my chosen chef during Veggie Swap #25 August 2010.
DH would eat salad everyday if I made it. He really enjoyed this one. Made for ZWT6 -No-Nonsense Nibblers
This was fresh and delicious. My bf doesn't like lemon juice, so I used balsamic vinegar and left out the onions for both of us. I used an English cucumber and it didn't even sweat out any water. I will definitely make this one again, thanks for sharing