1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
from the WW website, here for safekeeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium raw eggplants, peeled and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 2 medium garlic, clove(s) minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1/3 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/3 teaspoon chives, dried
- 1/3 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons canned tomato paste
- 3/4 cup soyakaas grated parmesan style soy cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9 X 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- 2Lay eggplant slices on paper towels and sprinkle tops with 3/4 teaspoon of salt. Let stand 20 minutes to draw moisture out.
- 3Meanwhile, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, breaking up meat as it cooks, about 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is soft, about 3 minutes more. Add fresh parsley, dried herbs, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, and stir to coat. Cook 1 minute, until herbs and spices are fragrant.
- 4Add tomatoes and tomato paste and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and set aside.
- 5Off heat, coat surface of same skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Wipe salt from eggplant slices with paper towel and add eggplant to hot skillet. Cook, until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- 6Arrange half of eggplant slices on bottom of prepared baking pan, slightly overlapping pieces to cover entire surface of pan. Top eggplant with chicken mixture and then top chicken with 1/4 cup of grated topping. Top with remaining eggplant slices and remaining 1/2 cup of grated topping.
- 7Bake until top is golden brown and filling is hot, about 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes, slice into 6 pieces and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Eggplant and Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.5
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 43.8 mg
- Sodium 868.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: