1/1 Photo of Greek Family Style Shepherd's Pie
Chef #782749 Photogardener's Note:
A well traveled family friend gave us this recipe and we have always loved making this comfort food. A small fresh salad and fresh fruit in season usually goes with the pie. You could also use ground chicken or turkey instead of beef. If you are unable to find tomato sauce with roasted pepper just use 24 oz tomato sauce and 1/2 cup chopped marinated sweet red pepper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (25 ounce) jar tomato sauce with roasted red pepper
- 3 teaspoons all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1Cook ground beef in a large nonstick skillet, stirring until beef is no longer pink; drain & discard grease.
- 2Cook zucchini, onion, and garlic in skillet, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- 3Add ground beef; stir in pasta sauce and 3 teaspoons Greek seasoning. Cook over low heat until thoroughly heated.
- 4Pour beef mixture into a lightly greased 3-quart round baking dish.
- 5Stir together mashed potatoes, remaining 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning, crumbled feta cheese, lemon rind, and lemon juice. Spoon potato mixture evenly over beef mixture.
- 6Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- 7serves 8.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Family Style Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.1
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 51.5 mg
- Sodium 408.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomato sauce with roasted red pepper