This is based on a standard Greek leek and feta pie. I've added some new flavours that work extremely well together. The smell is fabulous, and this is sooooo easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- 2Cut the fish into small cubes. Put in a large bowl.
- 3Wash the leeks and chop off any withered or old green leaves. Chop in two lengthwise and slice into medium-thin half-rings. Add to the bowl.
- 4Chop the cheese into dice. Add to the bowl.
- 5Chop the bacon into small squares. Add to the bowl.
- 6In another bowl, beat the eggs with a fork, then add to the large bowl.
- 7Add salt and pepper to taste (remember there’s bacon in there) and mix thoroughly.
- 8Grease a pie plate. Melt butter.
- 9Place at least four sheets of filo onto the pie plate, brushing over with butter between each layer.
- 10Load in the filling. Cover with the another (at least) four layers of filo (or fold over the leftovers from the bottom, if the cover the top). Brush butter over the very top and cut a small knife-hole in the middle.
- 11Bake at 180°C for 40 – 50 minutes until top is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Fish Pie
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.4
- Calories from Fat 382
- Total Fat 42.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 310.8 mg
- Sodium 1282.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 22.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: