1/1 Photo of Greek Fit-For-The-Gods Salad With Spicy Cucumber Dressing
From Every Day with Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 pita bread rounds
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 0.25 ml cinnamon
- 4 vine-ripe tomatoes, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 celery ribs, from the heart thinly sliced at an angle
- 1 red bell peppers (seeded, quartered lengthwise, thinly sliced) or 1 green bell pepper (seeded, quartered lengthwise, thinly sliced)
- 236.59 ml flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- 236.59 ml greek-style plain yogurt
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and peeled
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2.46-4.92 ml Tabasco sauce
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 340.19 g feta, crumbled
- 8 jarred pepperoncini peppers (hot peppers)
- 236.59 ml pitted kalamata olive
- 8 jarred grape leaves or 8 store-bought stuffed grape leaves, drained
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°.
- 2Split the pitas open into 8 halves.
- 3Lay the bread out on your countertop, insides facing up.
- 4In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, thyme, oregano and cinnamon. Sprinkle the spices evenly over the split bread.
- 5Place the bread on an oven rack and toast until golden and crisp, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 6Remove from the oven and tear into jagged pieces about the size of tortilla chips and reserve.
- 7On a large serving platter, combine the tomatoes, half of the cucumber, and the onion, celery, bell pepper and parsley, season with salt and pepper.
- 8To a food processor, add the remaining cucumber, the yogurt, cumin, garlic, lemon juice and Tabasco sauce and a little salt.
- 9Process the ingredients, adding the olive oil in a thin stream until smooth; taste the dressing and adjust the seasonings.
- 10Arrange the pita crisps on the salad, then drizzle the dressing all over. Finish off your salad with a pile of the feta, pepperoncini and olives.
- 11Serve with the stuffed grape leave on the side.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Fit-For-The-Gods Salad With Spicy Cucumber Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (685 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 685.9
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 83.6 mg
- Sodium 3587.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 24.5 g