From Every Day with Rachael Ray.
Make and share this Greek Fit-For-The-Gods Salad With Spicy Cucumber Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 4 pita bread rounds
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 0.25 ml cinnamon
- 4 vine-ripe tomatoes, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 celery ribs, from the heart thinly sliced at an angle
- 1 red bell peppers (seeded, quartered lengthwise, thinly sliced) or 1 green bell pepper (seeded, quartered lengthwise, thinly sliced)
- 236.59 ml flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- 236.59 ml greek-style plain yogurt
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and peeled
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2.46-4.92 ml Tabasco sauce
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 340.19 g feta, crumbled
- 8 jarred pepperoncini peppers (hot peppers)
- 236.59 ml pitted kalamata olive
- 8 jarred grape leaves or 8 store-bought stuffed grape leaves, drained
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Split the pitas open into 8 halves.
- Lay the bread out on your countertop, insides facing up.
- In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, thyme, oregano and cinnamon. Sprinkle the spices evenly over the split bread.
- Place the bread on an oven rack and toast until golden and crisp, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and tear into jagged pieces about the size of tortilla chips and reserve.
- On a large serving platter, combine the tomatoes, half of the cucumber, and the onion, celery, bell pepper and parsley, season with salt and pepper.
- To a food processor, add the remaining cucumber, the yogurt, cumin, garlic, lemon juice and Tabasco sauce and a little salt.
- Process the ingredients, adding the olive oil in a thin stream until smooth; taste the dressing and adjust the seasonings.
- Arrange the pita crisps on the salad, then drizzle the dressing all over. Finish off your salad with a pile of the feta, pepperoncini and olives.
- Serve with the stuffed grape leave on the side.