Sara 76's Note:
From the 2004 Food & Wine calendar. The recipe notes say to team it with a glass of Orlando St Helga Riesling...but in my opinion it would go great with an icy cold glass of retsina :) The servings are based on an entree size.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 kipfler potatoes, sliced into 5mm slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 8 baby octopus, cleaned and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1 bunch rocket
- 4 tablespoons fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- 1Place potato slices in a saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Boil for 2 minutes and drain thoroughly.
- 2Heat olive oil in a pan, add garlic and potatoes and saute until potatoes are light golden.
- 3Char-grill or BBQ the octopus until opaque. (Don't over cook as the octopus will continue to cook after it is removed from the heat).
- 4Combine warm octopus and potatoes with lemon juice, olives, rocket and herbs.
- 5Serve warm with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Octopus Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Grilled Baby Octopus Salad
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.8
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 153.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: