1/1 Photo of Greek Grilled Cheese and Tomato Stacks
From Bon Appétit, August 2009 (by Maria Helm Sinskey). Halloumi is a pleasantly salty Greek cheese that grills well. Posted for ZWT6.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk 1 teaspoon oil, mint, cumin, and pinch of freshly ground black pepper in medium bowl to blend.
- 2Add cheese slices; toss to coat. Marinate at room temperature at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours. DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover; chill.
- 3Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- 4Grill pitas until warm and grill marks appear, about 1 minute per side.Transfer to serving plate.
- 5Grill cheese until grill marks appear and cheese begins to melt, about 1 minute per side. Stack each warm pita with slice of tomato and cheese. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle tomatoes lightly with sea salt.
- 6NOTE: * Halloumi cheese is available at some supermarkets and at specialty foods stores, natural foods stores, and Greek markets.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Grilled Cheese and Tomato Stacks
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.7
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 603.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: