Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
If you love lamb chops then you will love this recipe. Plan ahead the chops need to marinade for 24 hours, although I have only marinaded them for about 6 hours they were still delicious!
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dried oregano (can use 2 teaspoons (or more)
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (can use black pepper)
- 8 lamb chops (about 1 to 1-1/4-inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Mix/whisk the wine, oil, oregano, garlic, red wine vinegar, salt and cayenne or black pepper until well blended.
- Arrange the lamb chops in a single layer in a glass dish; turn to coat with the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours, turning often.
- Prepare the grill to medium-high heat.
- Transfer the lamb to plates and season with salt and pepper (I use seasoning salt).
- Mix the honey into the marinade.
- Grill lamb to desired tenderness, turning and basting often with the marinade (for medium-rare grill about 10 minutes).
These lamb chops were moist, juicy and flavorful. We enjoyed them. We marinated 24 hours. I used 2 tsp dried oregano because that is what I was guessing was meant in the ingredient list. I used good lamb loin chops. While we enjoyed this recipe, we weren't sure that chops such as these needed all of this "dressing up" and think we enjoy them more simply prepared (ie., grilled with just salt, pepper and some rosemary). Next time, we would use a lesser quality chop, such as a shoulder chop or something along those lines that could benefit from the marinating and extra flavoring. Thanks, Kitten!
Great lamb chops! I did marinate these for the full 24 hours, and they came out tender and very flavorful. Thanks Kitten for another winner!