Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, seeded & diced
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat yogurt, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 2 pita breads
- 1⁄2 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup tomato, diced
- Spray skillet with non-stick spray and add onion and garlic. Cook until soft over low heat stirring constantly.
- Place in mixing bowl with lamb, lemon juice, oregano and cumin and mix thoroughly. Shape into 2 patties.
- Place on rack of broiler and broil 3 to 5 minutes on each side, turning once, or until desired doneness.
- Combine cucumber, yogurt and mint in small bowl and mix.
- Cut around edge of each pita bread and pull open to form pocket. Fill each pita with half the lettuce and tomato, 1 lamb patty and half the yogurt mixture.