Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, seeded & diced
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat yogurt, drained
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 pita breads
- 1⁄2 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, diced
- Spray skillet with non-stick spray and add onion and garlic. Cook until soft over low heat stirring constantly.
- Place in mixing bowl with lamb, lemon juice, oregano and cumin and mix thoroughly. Shape into 2 patties.
- Place on rack of broiler and broil 3 to 5 minutes on each side, turning once, or until desired doneness.
- Combine cucumber, yogurt and mint in small bowl and mix.
- Cut around edge of each pita bread and pull open to form pocket. Fill each pita with half the lettuce and tomato, 1 lamb patty and half the yogurt mixture.
Excellent favor. I had a problem w/ the patties holding together. I suggest less lemon juice and allowing the patties to chill for at least an hour. It made 2 large patties. I would make 3 or 4 patties next time.
I tried it and it was a hit! The dill weed addition was a good idea Thanks...Jim
You can buy Gyro meat at the imports stores comes like strips of bacon and taste wondeful. Ilike this recipe but I would also add dill weed to the recipes pita sauce. but it is a good recipe