This is another recipe for halva, my mum's recipe. It's one of the most common desserts in Greece and perfect for a lent. You can add in it raisins, almonds, pecan, pine nuts, its up to you!
- Brown the semolina in the oil on medium - high heat stirring continuously for 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar, the nuts (if using) and continue stirring for another 4 minutes.
- When the semolina has taken a brown colour add the hot water. (Be careful, there are bubbles and steam!)
- Turn the heat down and continue stirring until the mixture is very thick and its pulls away from the sides of the pan as stirring.
- Spoon into a bundt pan, on in small bowls and unmol onto a platter on onto individuals plates.
- Sprinkle with more nuts and cinnamon.