Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Another very easy and tasy recipe for chicken breasts or leg fillets. Can be done on the grill or bbq.
- 8 boneless chicken thighs or 4 skinless chicken breast halves
Lemon Honey Marinade
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Prepare marinade by combining all ingredients in glass dish.
- Add chicken and coat with marinade.
- Marinate at room temperature for at least 15 minutes or overnight (in fridge) for a more pronounced flavour.
- Drain chicken reserving marinade and cook chicken basting with marinade either on a grill or bbq for approximately 10 minutes each side.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
It was a hit! I used 1 tsp of salt and used garlic powder because I was out of chopped and fresh garlic. I marinated it overnight and threaded the chicken onto skewers for the BBQ. Thank you!
Terrific recipe! I called home about 2:00 in the afternoon and my 10 yo son put the ingredients in a plastic bag and put the chicken in to marinate until I made it home. We put it into the oven around 6:00 baking it for about 20 minutes and then broiling it to give it just a bit of color and char. The only addition we made was to add about a teaspoon of Tony Cachere's Creole Seasoning, because he adds it to absolutely everything. We'll do this again! Thanks Wendys Kitchen.
Very easy to prepare, but I think that next time I will leave the chicken in the fridge overnight to marinate a bit longer--and see if that intensifies the flavor. I was able to throw this on the griddle, and it worked out perfectly as it then only took minutes to grill up! Thanks for posting! update: i had to come back and add an extra star! I used the 2 day leftovers in a panini with parmesan, and it was so much better after having been in the fridge! the flavors had definitely worked themselves into the chicken and it was perfect for the sandwich.