Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs
The marinade in this recipe not only makes chops sear beautifully but also provides enticing sweet-sour balance. The chops have to marinate at least 4 hours.
- Trim fat from chops.
- Place chops in resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- For marinade: In small bowl, combine honey, lemon peel, lemon juice, mint, oil, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Pour over chops.
- Seal bag; turn to coat chops.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 4-24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain chops, discarding marinade.
- For a charcoal grill, place chops on the grill rack directly over medium coals.
- Grill, uncovered, for 11-13 minutes or until chops are slightly pink in center and juices run clear, turning once halfway through grilling.
- For a gas grill, preheat grill, reduce heat to medium.
- Place chops on grill rack over heat.
- Cover and grill as above.
LOVED IT! Lainey, this were to-die-for! I absolutely loved the taste of the marinade. Thank you for posting a keeper. Made for ZWT, please see my rating system as I rate tougher than most.
wonderful, I have used a marinade similar to this in the past, the honey is a must for best tenderizing, these turned out moist an flavorful, great recipe thanks for sharing Lainey!
My chops sat in the marinade for two days, and they were so delicious! They were moist, tender, and flavorful. I didn't have any mint, so that ingredient was left out, but the honey, lemon, and cayenne were just perfect. I served these with white rice and veggies.