The marinade in this recipe not only makes chops sear beautifully but also provides enticing sweet-sour balance. The chops have to marinate at least 4 hours.
- Trim fat from chops.
- Place chops in resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- For marinade: In small bowl, combine honey, lemon peel, lemon juice, mint, oil, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Pour over chops.
- Seal bag; turn to coat chops.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 4-24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain chops, discarding marinade.
- For a charcoal grill, place chops on the grill rack directly over medium coals.
- Grill, uncovered, for 11-13 minutes or until chops are slightly pink in center and juices run clear, turning once halfway through grilling.
- For a gas grill, preheat grill, reduce heat to medium.
- Place chops on grill rack over heat.
- Cover and grill as above.