Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is adapted from a recipe a friend gave me. I changed it to make it more of a main course salad for us. Every time I make it for friends they ask for the recipe, and with some of my friends, that's real compliment! (Imagine living in Italy and Spain, here in California...what a foodie dream!) The vinaigrette is also very good on other salads or as a dip for shrimp.
- 3⁄4 lb orzo pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 large cucumber, seeded, quartered lengthwise, and chopped (I used Trader Joe's Persian cukes, about 4( no need to seed)
- 3 green onions, chopped fine
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved (I use sweet 100's)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups cooked bay shrimp
- Combine orzo, cucumber, green onions, and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Place dill, vinegar, and mustard in a blender and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil and blend until emulsified.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the orzo mixture and stir well to combine.
- Gently fold in the feta cheese and shrimp.