This is adapted from a recipe a friend gave me. I changed it to make it more of a main course salad for us. Every time I make it for friends they ask for the recipe, and with some of my friends, that's real compliment! (Imagine living in Italy and Spain, here in California...what a foodie dream!) The vinaigrette is also very good on other salads or as a dip for shrimp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb orzo pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 large cucumber, seeded, quartered lengthwise, and chopped (I used Trader Joe's Persian cukes, about 4( no need to seed)
- 3 green onions, chopped fine
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved (I use sweet 100's)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups cooked bay shrimp
- 1Combine orzo, cucumber, green onions, and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- 2Place dill, vinegar, and mustard in a blender and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil and blend until emulsified.
- 3Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 4Pour the vinaigrette over the orzo mixture and stir well to combine.
- 5Gently fold in the feta cheese and shrimp.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek-Ish Orzo Salad With Dill Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 819.1
- Calories from Fat 424
- Total Fat 47.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 1093.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 25.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar