R. Warren Meddoff's Note:
Like seafood? Wish you could been in the Greek Islands? Well here it is. All you need is a couple of good bottles of dry white wine and a bunch of friends!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 scallions, white and some green, minced
- 1/4 lb smoked sausage, cut into thin slices
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapeno chiles, finely minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, plus
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 lb medium shrimp
- 1/3 lb small squid
- 1/3 lb sea scallops
- 1 fillet of sole, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lb pappardelle pasta
- 12 kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1Heat oil in a non-reactive Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add the scallions, sausage, garlic and chili pepper.
- 2Cook, stirring often, 4 minutes until wilted. Add tomatoes, roasted peppers, vinegar, 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 3Heat to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low.
- 4Cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Add the shrimp, squid, scallops and sole; cook 6 minutes until done; set aside.
- 5Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- 6Stir olives, capers and sage into the sauce; toss sauce with the pasta.
- 7Add reserved cooking liquid to reach desired consistency.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Island Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.5
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 98.4 mg
- Sodium 852.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 25.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers
sherry wine vinegar