Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Like seafood? Wish you could been in the Greek Islands? Well here it is. All you need is a couple of good bottles of dry white wine and a bunch of friends!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 scallions, white and some green, minced
- 1⁄4 lb smoked sausage, cut into thin slices
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapeno chiles, finely minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, plus
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 lb medium shrimp
- 1⁄3 lb small squid
- 1⁄3 lb sea scallops
- 1 fillet of sole, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lb pappardelle pasta
- 12 kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- Heat oil in a non-reactive Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add the scallions, sausage, garlic and chili pepper.
- Cook, stirring often, 4 minutes until wilted. Add tomatoes, roasted peppers, vinegar, 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Heat to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Add the shrimp, squid, scallops and sole; cook 6 minutes until done; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Stir olives, capers and sage into the sauce; toss sauce with the pasta.
- Add reserved cooking liquid to reach desired consistency.