Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe years ago from an online friend, and adjusted it to suit my family's tastes. It's such a great salad. I take it to potlucks all the time, and it's always the first thing gone! Great alone, or use it to stuff a tomato. Also, you can add grape or cherry tomatoes.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (or use half olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced (or green)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- Combine oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper in bowl and whisk until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to use -- the longer the better.
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Pour dressing over pasta and stir gently to coat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate, covered, until serving time.
Love Greek salad! Great flavors and easy to make. Thanks! Made for ZWT#9 2013 by a member of team Hot Stuff! Divalicious! ;)
I made this for ZWT 9's trip to Greece, but will have it again. Great flavors and so pretty. I did add the tomatoes and made my olives Kalamata. It could also use diced red onion instead of the green for a more Greek taste. Thanks for posting!
Lovely and refreshing! I made this to bring to my Uncles house for the 4th of July. I used whole wheat orzo and added extra lemon juice and lemon zest. I also used sliced small sweet peppers (red, orange and yellow). I think this would be great with cucumber too. Made for the ZWT4- Jefes.