Buster's friend's Note:
Gonna make this & freeze half to see how well they do. Sounds like something wonderful to have frozen to heat for unexpected guests or a special sumpin-sumpin. This one for Came in an email - from Petro B on gourmet-recipes-from-around-the-world.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 2 shallots, minced (or green onions)
- 1 lb lean ground lamb (or beef)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 sprigs parsley, fresh chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint, fresh chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill, fresh chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- pepper, freshly ground to taste
- 1/2 cup kefalotyri, grated (or Parmesan cheese)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs, if needed
- 1 lb phyllo pastry, defrosted
- 1 cup butter, melted (or margarine)
- 1In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add shallots and saute until soft. Add meat; mash with fork until browned. Add wine; simmer a few minutes. Stir in parsley, mint, dill and tomato sauce; season with salt and pepper and simmer 20 minutes. Cool.
- 2Add cheese and egg. If mixture appears too loose, stir in bread crumbs immediately before stuffing.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4Remove filo from package, covering with waxed paper and damp towel.
- 5Take out one sheet at a time, keeping remainder covered. Place oblong on flat surface. butter filo, one sheet at a time, using pastry brush. Repeat with second sheet. Cut sheets into 2 inch wide strips.
- 6Place 1 teaspoon filling at bottom of strip. Starting from bottom, roll up like flag. Repeat until all filling is used.
- 7To bake, place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden. .
- 8Triangles can be kept frozen in a tightly sealed container for up to two months. To bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Do not thaw; bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Kreatopites
Serving Size: 1 (1534 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.1
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 32.0 mg
- Sodium 138.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: