You can serve the burgers on buns instead of using the pita bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried mint or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup feta, finely crumbled
- ground black pepper
- 8 -10 kalamata olives or 8 -10 black olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 cups cucumbers, peeled, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pita breads (2 large pita's cut in half to make pockets, or 4 small pita's cut open at the top)
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1In a bowl mix together, lamb, garlic, mint, oregano, feta, black pepper and the olives.
- 2Form into 4 patties and set aside.
- 3In another bowl mix together the tomatoes, cucumber and onion.
- 4Make a dressing of the lime juice, lemon juice, cumin and olive oil, mix in with the tomato mixture.
- 5Grill or fry the burgers 4 to 5 minutes on each side, try to keep them slightly pink in the middle.
- 6Serve the burgers in the pita pockets together with the tomato mixture and topped with yogurt.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Lamb Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 739.6
- Calories from Fat 410
- Total Fat 45.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 111.4 mg
- Sodium 830.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 33.1 g