Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can serve the burgers on buns instead of using the pita bread.
Make and share this Greek Lamb Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried mint or 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 cup feta, finely crumbled
- ground black pepper
- 8 -10 kalamata olives or 8 -10 black olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 cups cucumbers, peeled, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pita breads (2 large pita's cut in half to make pockets, or 4 small pita's cut open at the top)
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- In a bowl mix together, lamb, garlic, mint, oregano, feta, black pepper and the olives.
- Form into 4 patties and set aside.
- In another bowl mix together the tomatoes, cucumber and onion.
- Make a dressing of the lime juice, lemon juice, cumin and olive oil, mix in with the tomato mixture.
- Grill or fry the burgers 4 to 5 minutes on each side, try to keep them slightly pink in the middle.
- Serve the burgers in the pita pockets together with the tomato mixture and topped with yogurt.
I love lamb -- and DH will NOT try it !! Tonight, he made Bison Burgers for himself, and I had a pound of ground lamb in the freezer ! Only made the burgers, not the sauce -- but the taste was everything I think of with lamb and the proper herbs and spices ! Thanks for posting, Pets !!
These were so easy and so very good! My husband and I both loved them, all of the flavors just melded together so nicely. I used sour cream instead of yogurt. I did do something different and that was to add all of the dressing ingredients to the sour cream...omitting the oil all together. It was wonderful!! I served on a wonderful fluffy garlic naan bread. Can't wait to make it again...thanks!!