Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You can serve the burgers on buns instead of using the pita bread.
Make and share this Greek Lamb Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried mint or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 cup feta, finely crumbled
- ground black pepper
- 8 -10 kalamata olives or 8 -10 black olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 cups cucumbers, peeled, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pita breads (2 large pita's cut in half to make pockets, or 4 small pita's cut open at the top)
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- In a bowl mix together, lamb, garlic, mint, oregano, feta, black pepper and the olives.
- Form into 4 patties and set aside.
- In another bowl mix together the tomatoes, cucumber and onion.
- Make a dressing of the lime juice, lemon juice, cumin and olive oil, mix in with the tomato mixture.
- Grill or fry the burgers 4 to 5 minutes on each side, try to keep them slightly pink in the middle.
- Serve the burgers in the pita pockets together with the tomato mixture and topped with yogurt.