1/2 Photos of Greek Lamb Kebabs
48 hrs 40 mins
This is so simple to make, but tastes fantastic. You do need to plan to make this in advance though, because of the long marinading time, but it's definitely worth it. I like to serve these with homemade Tzatziki, pitta and salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the Lamb into 1 1/2 inch dice, removing any excess fat.
- 2Cut each of the onions vertically into 6 wedges.
- 3Grate the zest of one of the lemons into a large non-metallic bowl or dish.
- 4Juice both lemons, and pour the juice into the dish with the zest.
- 5Squash or crush the garlic cloves, adding to dish along with sliced chilli and a good pinch of black pepper.
- 6Bruise the rosemary, by lightly crushing and bending it in your hands. This releases the flavour of the rosemary. Add to dish along with the olive oil.
- 7Add the lamb and onions to the dish and toss everything around with your hands to give everything a good coating.
- 8Leave for at least 24 hours, but 48 hours is even better.
- 9Soak 6 wooden skewers in cold water for at least an hour, before threading the lamb and onions onto them.
- 10Barbecue for 15-20 minutes until cooked, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade.
- 11Serve with pitta and tzatziki.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Lamb Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.2
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 81.6 mg
- Sodium 72.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 19.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: