This is so simple to make, but tastes fantastic. You do need to plan to make this in advance though, because of the long marinading time, but it's definitely worth it. I like to serve these with homemade Tzatziki, pitta and salad.
- Cut the Lamb into 1 1/2 inch dice, removing any excess fat.
- Cut each of the onions vertically into 6 wedges.
- Grate the zest of one of the lemons into a large non-metallic bowl or dish.
- Juice both lemons, and pour the juice into the dish with the zest.
- Squash or crush the garlic cloves, adding to dish along with sliced chilli and a good pinch of black pepper.
- Bruise the rosemary, by lightly crushing and bending it in your hands. This releases the flavour of the rosemary. Add to dish along with the olive oil.
- Add the lamb and onions to the dish and toss everything around with your hands to give everything a good coating.
- Leave for at least 24 hours, but 48 hours is even better.
- Soak 6 wooden skewers in cold water for at least an hour, before threading the lamb and onions onto them.
- Barbecue for 15-20 minutes until cooked, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Serve with pitta and tzatziki.