Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Koftas are really tasty and a bit like a meatball of a skewer. In fact, these can always be made off the skewers as meatballs if you wanted to switch them up a bit. I originally found this recipe in a British cooking magazine.
- Mix together all the ingredients until well blended.
- Divide into 8 balls, then roll each ball on a board with a cupped hand to turn them into ovals.
- Thread onto 4 metal skewers and brush with oil.
- Heat the pan (a griddle pan works well) until you can feel a good heat rising and cook for 3-4 mins each side. Don't turn until they are well sealed or the meat will stick to the grill or pan.
- Season if you want, and serve. They are nice drizzled with a bit of yoghurt.
Definately add salt and pepper and some chopped parsley is nice. I like this quick, easy recipe - I serve over cous cous with garlic yogurt on top along with a grek salad- simple and healthy.
We'd give this 4.5, so I'm rounding to 5 as we found it a little on the plain side, though this could easily be fixed by adding a little more of the herbs and spices and salt and pepper to your taste. These skewers could not have been easier to prepare and the dish comes to the table really quickly which is perfect for a weeknight meal. We grilled the kofta skewers on the BBQ and served with a side of grilled eggplant. I put the skewers over pita and drizzled a bite with Greek yogurt and another bite with tzatziki. I prefered it with the yogurt which I used on the rest of my skewer. Thanks Sarah Jayne!
Made for summer and served on pita bread with tzatziki leftover from Father's Day. Very nicely flavoured lamb mixture. Do add some salt and pepper to taste.