1/3 Photos of Greek Lamb Pie
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- peanut oil (for brushing)
- 1 lb lean ground lamb (I have used beef or chicken mince too)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 1 (10 ounce) packet phyllo pastry
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- salt and black pepper
- 1Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- 2Lightly grease a 8 1/2 in springform pan.
- 3Fry the mince and onion in a dry nonstick pan until golden.
- 4Add the garlic, tomatoes, mint, nutmeg and seasoning.
- 5Bring to the boil, and simmer, stirring occasionally until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- 6Wash the spinach and remove any tough stalks, then cook the leaves in only the water clinging to them for about 2 minutes.
- 7Drain the leaves well and then mix through the meat mixture.
- 8I sometimes add 1/4 lb of crumbled feta at this stage.
- 9Lightly brush each sheet of phyllo pastry with oil and lay in overlapping layers in the tin, leaving enough over hanging to wrap over the top.
- 10Spoon the meat and spinach mix in then wrap the pastry over to enclose.
- 11Scrunch up any remaining pastry into balls, and place over the top of the pie.
- 12Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and then bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- 13I like to let this cool a little, and serve it with a green salad.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Lamb Pie
Serving Size: 1 (583 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1126.9
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 83.0 mg
- Sodium 1348.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 142.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 40.4 g