1/2 Photos of Greek Lamb Rotisserie/Grill Methods
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This Greek-style marinade has strong flavors to complement the strong flavor of lamb. Buy a boneless leg that's been butterflied, or rolled and tied. Unroll it for the marinade to get in everywhere then re-rolling it for even cooking and tenderness. If you happen to buy it with the netting try to save the netting to replace it after marinating. You can grill this flat on the grill as well. This lamb sliced thin is great to make gyro's with!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 lbs leg of lamb, boned and tied
- 1Cut excess fat from leg of lamb.
- 2Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl or baking dish large enough to accommodate the lamb and mix well. Message marinade into lamb making sure it is in everywhere. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning often.
- 3Remove from refrigerator to allow it to reach room temperature about 30 minutes.
- 4Preheat grill.
- 5Re-roll leg into a roast very tightly and tie.
- 6Place lamb on middle of the rotisserie skewer making sure it is balanced and secure.
- 7Reduce temperature to low. Cook for 2 hours brushing with remaining marinade every 1/2 hour.
- 8When the middle of the meat reaches a temperature of about 145 degrees remove from grill.
- 9Let a leg of lamb rest for 20 minutes before you start carving it up. This will even out the temperature, make sure it’s completely done and allow the juices to flow back into the meat.
- 10Carve the meat, starting from the thick end and work our way down to the shank.
- 11Alternate cooking Method:.
- 12Start by grilling the leg over a medium high direct heat to sear the surface. This will give the meat a crusty surface and add texture. Turn every 5 minutes to sear the surface evenly. On the rotisserie you won’t have to worry about this. Grill over this direct heat for about 15 minutes then move to indirect grilling and cut the temperature down to a medium heat. Watch for flare-ups during the direct grilling phase. The leg of lamb will need about 20 minutes per pound to cook so plan accordingly.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Lamb Rotisserie/Grill Methods
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.1
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 65.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 21.2 g