4 hrs 20 mins
Wendys Kitchen's Note:
Clipped from a magazine by my dd. I have no idea which one but this looks delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 lamb shanks, frenched
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 400 g marinated artichoke hearts
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1Place lamb and flour in large plastic bag and shake to coat.
- 2Heat oil in pan and add lamb in batches and cook until browned.
- 3Heat remaining oil and cook onions and garlic stirring until onions are soft.
- 4Combine wine, stock, rind artichokes and olives in a large jug.
- 5Place lamb in slow cooker pot and pour liquid mixture over lamb.
- 6Cover pot with lid.
- 7Cook on high setting for 4 hours or low setting for 8 hours.
- 8Stir in oregano and salt and pepper just prior to serving. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Lamb Shanks (Slow Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (612 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1487.6
- Calories from Fat 709
- Total Fat 78.7 g
- Saturated Fat 29.2 g
- Cholesterol 488.7 mg
- Sodium 814.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 150.6 g