Clipped from a magazine by my dd. I have no idea which one but this looks delicious.
Make and share this Greek Lamb Shanks (Slow Cooker) recipe from Food.com.
- 8 lamb shanks, frenched
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 400 g marinated artichoke hearts
- 3⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Place lamb and flour in large plastic bag and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in pan and add lamb in batches and cook until browned.
- Heat remaining oil and cook onions and garlic stirring until onions are soft.
- Combine wine, stock, rind artichokes and olives in a large jug.
- Place lamb in slow cooker pot and pour liquid mixture over lamb.
- Cover pot with lid.
- Cook on high setting for 4 hours or low setting for 8 hours.
- Stir in oregano and salt and pepper just prior to serving. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
this was easy and delicious and we loved it. a new keeper for sure. the olives and artichokes put it over the edge/
We followed the recipe but transferred to pressure cooker instead of slow cooker. After 32 minutes we had an amazing and tender meal (see photo). I took extra time to trim away fat and sinew as our lamb was locally raised and won at youth livestock auction to support our community. Our Kalamata olives were briney so we didn't add much salt. We served over couscous with sliced mushrooms and slivered almonds.