1/1 Photo of Greek Lamb Stew
2 hrs 20 mins
This is one of those stews that's perfect for a cold night in. Normally lamb stews are done with red wine, but this one uses white - works very well, too. The wine was semi sweet Reisling so the stew has a very slight sweet taste too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season flour with salt and pepper and roll lamb cubes in it.
- 2Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat, brown lamb cubes in oil.
- 3Sprinkle herbs and garlic over lamb and add roughly chopped onion, stock, wine, and tomato sauce.
- 4Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Simmer over medium heat for 1-1/2 hours, stir now and again - it has a tendency to stick (although not burn).
- 6Add olives, simmer for half an hour more.
- 7Serve with rice, potatoes, salad, bread, whatever you like. And rest of the wine bottle, of course.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Lamb Stew
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.0
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 55.9 mg
- Sodium 303.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 14.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: