This is a tasty, easy sandwich. The recipe is from Cooking Light Superfast Suppers. Posted for ZWT 2008.
- 1 cup unpeeled cubed cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- 1 lb lean boneless leg of lamb, cub into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 onion, cut into quarters and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well. Cover and chill.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray or a little olive oil. Add lamb and onion. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 6-7 minutes or until lamb is done. Remove from heat. Stir in Greek seasoning.
- Divide lamb mixture evenly among 4 tortilla. Topp with cucumber sauce, tomato, and spinach. Roll up tortillas.
Delicious!!!!!!!!!!! served it in a pita since my tortillas somehow didnt get zipped up and were hard. Wonderful sandwich, have made 6 of them! for zwt4