Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe (curled up in a drawer lol) Always meant to try it, am now posting for the 2005 Zaar World Tour/Greece!! Times are estimated.
- 9 pieces lasagne pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb eggplant, peeled and finely diced
- 3 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook lasagne according to package directions; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Warm oil in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add onion, garlic and eggplant. Cover and let vegetables cook until very soft, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, stir together the Ricotta, Feta and yogurt.
- When vegetables are done, stir in tomato sauce. Remove from heat and set aside 1 cup of eggplant mixture.
- In a 9 × 13 × 2-inch baking dish, spread a little of the eggplant mixture over the bottom and cover with 3 pieces of lasagne. Spoon some of the Ricotta over the lasagne. Continue to layer with eggplant mixture, lasagne, and Ricotta. Place a layer of lasagne on top. Spread the reserved eggplant over lasagne and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, until cheese is brown.