1/4 Photos of Greek Lasagna-Vegetarian
1 hr 40 mins
Adapted from Moosewood Restaurant New Classics cookbook, this is a great Greek way to make lasagna!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons marjoram, dried
- 5 cups undrained canned whole tomatoes (3 14 1/2 oz. cans)
- 1/3 cup chopped kalamata olive
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (1 tsp. dried)
- 1In a saucepan, warm the olive oil briefly on medium heat. Add the onions and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until the onions have begun to release their juices. Stir in the garlic and marjoram and saute until the onions are translucent. Add tomatoes, cover, and bring to a simmer. Then reduce the heat to medium low, just enough to maintain a simmer. Add the olives, salt, and pepper. Add the dill just before assembling lasagna for best flavor.
- 2Preheat oven to 400*F. Lightly oil a large baking sheet.
- 3While the sauce gently simmers, lay the eggplant rounds on baking sheet. Brush them with olive oil. Bake, uncovered for about 15 minutes. Remove the eggplant from the oven and reduce the heat to 350*F.
- 4Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the eggs, cottage cheese, fennel, and 1 cup of the feta cheese together and set aside.
- 5Lightly oil a 8"x10"x3" casserole dish. Evenly spread 2 cups of the tomato sauce in the bottom of the dish. Top with a layer of noodles and cover with 1 cup of the tomato sauce. Next, layer all of the eggplant rounds, 1 cup of the feta cheese, a second layer of noodles, and another cup of the sauce. Finish with all of the egg and cottage cheese mixture, a third layer of noodles, the rest of the sauce, and the remaining cup of feta cheese.
- 6Cover the lasagna with foil and bake for 45 to 60 minutes. Remove from the oven, uncover the lasagna, and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Lasagna-Vegetarian
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.1
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 128.7 mg
- Sodium 1688.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 22.4 g