Prep 2 hrs 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I can't remember where I got this recipe, but it is one I like to use, especially in the summertime. It is easy to make-ahead, and it goes well with any Mediterranean dish. Prep time includes sitting for 2 hours.
- Cut roots off leeks, leaving a thin piece of the hard root end to hold the leeks together.
- Trim the tops, leaving 1-inch of green leaves.
- Cut leeks lengthwise into halves.
- Wash very well, so that no dirt remains.
- Steam until crisply tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from pot and dry thoroughly.
- Combine the green onion, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, pepper and chopped mint in a small bowl.
- Gradually whisk in olive oil in a slow, steady stream.
- Arrange warm leeks in a single layer on a serving platter.
- Pour vinaigrette over all parts.
- Sprinkle the diced tomatoes and olives on top.
- Leave at room temperature for 1-2 hours.
- Garnish with fresh mint, and serve.