2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 20 mins
Miss Annie's Note:
I can't remember where I got this recipe, but it is one I like to use, especially in the summertime. It is easy to make-ahead, and it goes well with any Mediterranean dish. Prep time includes sitting for 2 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut roots off leeks, leaving a thin piece of the hard root end to hold the leeks together.
- 2Trim the tops, leaving 1-inch of green leaves.
- 3Cut leeks lengthwise into halves.
- 4Wash very well, so that no dirt remains.
- 5Steam until crisply tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- 6Remove from pot and dry thoroughly.
- 7Combine the green onion, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, pepper and chopped mint in a small bowl.
- 8Gradually whisk in olive oil in a slow, steady stream.
- 9Arrange warm leeks in a single layer on a serving platter.
- 10Pour vinaigrette over all parts.
- 11Sprinkle the diced tomatoes and olives on top.
- 12Leave at room temperature for 1-2 hours.
- 13Garnish with fresh mint, and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Leeks Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.0
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 81.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: