Cook1 hr 5 mins
From The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook. The combination of dill and lemon is seen throughout Greek cooking, and is wonderful! The authors call for using a 6 cup rice cooker, but I've had no problems using my 3 cup model. Cooking time includes 20 minutes resting time for the rice. This can also be made with brown rice- just increase the chicken stock to 2 2/3 cups.
- Coat the rice bowl with cooking spray.
- Add the rice and stock to the bowl.
- Set the machine for the regular white rice cycle and start.
- When the machine switches to keep warm, let it sit and steam for 10 minutes.
- While the rice steams, heat the olive oil in a small skillet, then add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until soft.
- Add the pine nuts and cook, stirring constantly until they turn golden (just a minute or so).
- When the 10 minutes of steaming are up, add the onion and pine nut mixture to the rice, along with the lemon juice, dill, and mint (if using). Stir with a plastic rice paddle or a wooden spoon to combine.
- Close the cover and continue on 'keep warm' for 10 more minutes.
- Transfer the rice to a serving dish, and top with the feta and lemon wedges.