1/3 Photos of Greek Lemon and Dill Rice With Feta (Rice Cooker)
1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 5 mins
From The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook. The combination of dill and lemon is seen throughout Greek cooking, and is wonderful! The authors call for using a 6 cup rice cooker, but I've had no problems using my 3 cup model. Cooking time includes 20 minutes resting time for the rice. This can also be made with brown rice- just increase the chicken stock to 2 2/3 cups.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat the rice bowl with cooking spray.
- 2Add the rice and stock to the bowl.
- 3Set the machine for the regular white rice cycle and start.
- 4When the machine switches to keep warm, let it sit and steam for 10 minutes.
- 5While the rice steams, heat the olive oil in a small skillet, then add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until soft.
- 6Add the pine nuts and cook, stirring constantly until they turn golden (just a minute or so).
- 7When the 10 minutes of steaming are up, add the onion and pine nut mixture to the rice, along with the lemon juice, dill, and mint (if using). Stir with a plastic rice paddle or a wooden spoon to combine.
- 8Close the cover and continue on 'keep warm' for 10 more minutes.
- 9Transfer the rice to a serving dish, and top with the feta and lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Lemon and Dill Rice With Feta (Rice Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.3
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 794.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 20.0 g