This recipes comes from "Quick and Easy Low-Carb Cooking" by Nancy Hughes. It is easy to prepare and economical. Low in carbs it is perfect for those watching their carb intake. I used lemon pepper to reduce the sodium; however, you can use salt and pepper if preferred.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9x13-inch baking pan, combine chicken, bell pepper, onion, and garlic; squeeze the juice of one lemon evenly over chicken and vegetables.
- Mix together 1 teaspoon lemon zest, oregano, lemon pepper and paprika.
- Lightly coat all with cooking spray and bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken and cook 30-40 minutes longer.
- or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- When chicken is done, place on serving platter; add juice of the remaining lemon to vegetables and pan drippings.
- Stir to blend, scraping bottom and sides of pan; spoon mixture over chicken and serve.
What an exceptional recipe! I made this last night for the BF and I, and it was like a gourmet dinner at a restaurant! I used a red bell pepper instead of green, and added an extra lemon because was too lazy to get the zest, used 2 tsps of oregano, and instead of lemon pepper used black pepper. YUMMY! I only wished I would have added more bell peppers because we love our veggies. Served this with steamed veggies and Jasmine rice. Excellent. Thanks for posting.
Absolutely delicious and oh so easy to put together, I did 6 drumsticks for 3 of us though did the full recipe as written - the only point I was not sure of was the oregano/zest mix which I sprinkled on both sides of the drumsticks before spraying with the olive oil. Thank you PaulaG for a delicious recipe, made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #81 October 2013.
Very good! Next time I will add more peppers and sauce. Yum!