This recipes comes from "Quick and Easy Low-Carb Cooking" by Nancy Hughes. It is easy to prepare and economical. Low in carbs it is perfect for those watching their carb intake. I used lemon pepper to reduce the sodium; however, you can use salt and pepper if preferred.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9x13-inch baking pan, combine chicken, bell pepper, onion, and garlic; squeeze the juice of one lemon evenly over chicken and vegetables.
- Mix together 1 teaspoon lemon zest, oregano, lemon pepper and paprika.
- Lightly coat all with cooking spray and bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken and cook 30-40 minutes longer.
- or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- When chicken is done, place on serving platter; add juice of the remaining lemon to vegetables and pan drippings.
- Stir to blend, scraping bottom and sides of pan; spoon mixture over chicken and serve.