Prep 25 mins
Cook 14 mins
Make and share this Greek Lemon Chicken Kabobs With Mint Marinade recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesmall whole mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped of fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 red onion, cut into wedges
- hot cooked rice
- Cut chicken breast into 1 inch pieces.
- Place chicken and mushrooms in zip-top plastic bag.
- In a bowl, combine lemon juice, oregano, mint, salt, oil and garlic; mix well.
- Add to bag with chicken and mushrooms; toss to coat.
- Marinate for 10 minutes, turing once.
- Thread chicken, mushrooms and onions evenly onto 8 metal skewers.
- Place kabobs on grill over medium-high heat.
- Cook uncovered for 10-14 minutes or until chicken is done; turning once.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Real good, DH loved as well and I have made this a number of times. I havent used oregano yet because I have never had any on hand but it works beautifully without. The fresh mint is a nice flavor for the chicken along with the lemon. I added red, yellow or orange sweet peppers to the skewers and sometimes a couple cocktail tomatoes cut in half, I have used regular cooking onion in replacement of the red onion and mushrooms too. I like to serve this with Easy Garlic Rice or Spanakoryzo (Spinach and Rice). Note from a mishap: DO NOT marinate more than said amount of time or the chicken may become too soft and really ruins the result. I will definitely keep making this with variations. It is one of my favorite recipes on Zaar.
OMG, this was so good! I used dried greek oregano and fresh mint and it turned out perfect. The rice I served it with was Persian-Style Basmati Rice Pilaf. THANKS!
This is great! I followed the recipe exactly, using the dried herbs, and the chicken turned out very moist and had just the perfect amount of flavor! Thanks!